Prof. Rewa Prasad Dwivedi, eminent Sanskrit author and scholar, was born in 1935 in Varanasi. His contribution to Sanskrit language and literature is outstanding. he has composed three Epics, 22 Lyrics and three stories alongwith 4 original works on Sanskrit Poetics propounding absolutely new theories in the Sanskrit aesthetics so far.. His most significant works, Sitacaritam andSvatantryasambhavam are two epic poems. He has written extensively on Sahityasastra (Poetics) and produced such great works asKavyalankarakarika, Natyanusasanam, andSahityasarirakam. Dwivedi has edited many works, of which The Complete works of Kalidasa is his greatest contribution to Sanskrit literature. He has also presented research papers in various seminars on Sanskrit and Oriental studies.
Dwivedi held many prestigious academic positions in Universities and other institutions. He was a member of the Executive Council, Academic Council, Board of Studies, Banaras Hindu University; Central Sanskrit Board for two terms; Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi; Kalidasa-Samiti, Government of Madhya Pradesh and Sanskrit Academies of Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh. He is an Emeritus Professor of Sanskrit, Banaras Hindu University and the founder of Kalidas Samsthan, Varanasi. He taught in Banaras Hindu University from 1977-1995 in various capacities. He worked as Dean, Faculty of Sanskrit, Banaras Hindu University for three terms (1979-81; 85-87; 87-89). He was Emeritus fellow of the University Grants Commission from 1990 to 1992.
Dwivedi has been honored for his many contributions to Sanskrit language and literature. He received a Certificate of Honor from The President of India in 1978. He was honored with four awards for hisSvatantryasambhava, an epic poem: Sahitya Akademi Award, 1991; Kalpavalli Award by Bharatiya Bhasha Parishad, Calcutta, 1993; Vacaspati award by K.K. Birla Foundation, New Delhi, 1997; and Shrivani award by R.J. Dalmiya Sriveni Trust, Delhi, 1999. He was conferred nine different awards on his works by the Government of Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh. He also received two Mitra Puraskara, one Bhojapuraskara and one Vyasapuraskara .
Academic Achievements :
- Shastri (Sahitya)1953, Banaras Hindu University(B.H.U.), Varanasi, First in First Class
- Acharya (Sahitya) 1956, B. H. U., First in First Class.
- M.A. (Sanskrit) 1959, B. H. U., First in First Class.
- Ph.D. (Sanskrit)1965, Ravishankar University, Raipur on Hemadri’s Darpana
- D.Litt. (Sanskrit)1974, Jabalpur University on published works on the Alamkara and Dhvani Schools of Sanskrit Poetics.
- Generic prednisone Language Known : Sanskrit of Kavyastage, Hindi and English.Scripts Known : Brahmi, Sarada, Nagari.
- Other Shastras Known : Navyanyaya, Philosophy and Grammar
- Teaching experience : Since 21. Nov. 1959 to 1995 in following capacities :
- Lecturer in Sanskrit 21.11.1959-1965
- Assistant Professor of Sanskrit 1965 to 20. Jan. 1970 Both in the Collegiate Branch of Branch of Govt. of Madhya Pradesh.
- Reader in Sanskrit Sahitya Since 22. Jan. 1970-77
- Professor in Sanskrit Sahitya Since Jan.1977-June1990 with reappointment up to June 1995 in the Faculty of Sanskrit Vidya Dharma Vijnana Sankaya (SVDV), B.H.U.
- Positions in service in B.H.U.
Buy Fluoxetine Online
- Head of the Department of Sahitya, Faculty of SVDV, B.H.U. for 18 Years in between
- Dean, Faculty of Sanskrit (SVDV), B.H.U.-3 terms 1979-81, 85-87, 87-89.
- Emeritus Fellow, U.G.C., 1990-92
- Emeritus Professor, B.H.U., Since 1993 till date.
- Research Guidance Generic Zoloft : Conferred Ph.D/Chakravarty research degree on 17 students.
- Publications : More than 115.